As a new mum, breastfeeding as soon as mtoi amezaliwa is very important. But kuna vitu you should do (Do’s) na zile you should not do (Don’ts).
1. DO point nipple yako at the nose of your baby ndio akuwe able to lift their head up na mouth wide open na aweze kuhold on to the nipple firmly anapofeed.
2. DO make sure tumbo ya mtoi wako inatouch yako so that he/she does not have to strain his/her head.
3. DO help you baby asilalale when you are breastfeeding by tickling them kwa miguu ama kuwashikashika kwa chin softly.
1. DO NOT put pressure ama push the back of the head ya mtoi wako ukibreastfeed. They will be uncomfortable and resist breastfeeding kwa hivyo weka mkono yako at the back of your baby’s neck.
2. DO NOT time your baby ile time anabreastfeed. Let them feed on as much mik as they can on one breast until wametosheka then give them hio ingine.
3. DO NOT give baby formula kama you do not need to when you start feeding them, try to breastfeed so that they can get used to it.
Please log in to comment
View all 16 comments